· In this video I use the DDJ SX as a midi controller in FL Studio. I haven't seen any videos of anyone else using it this way, so I wanted to scratch the surf...
FL Studio supports all USB/MIDI controller keyboards, keyboard synthesizers, pad controllers/drums with MIDI output and all other similar devices with General MIDI output. To play a synthesizer or other instrument in FL Studio, using an external keyboard, select the Instrument button in the Channel Rack and play the controller keyboard.
· Well, we’ve delved deep into researching the five best MIDI controllers that you can use with FL Studio. Everyone from newbies to professional use this recording software, and for good reason. It provides you with complete control and editing abilities to create the exact sounds that you want.
How to Use a Midi Controller/Keyboard with Fruity Loops Midi controllers are an essential tool when producing music in Fruity Loops Studio. I highly recommend investing in one - It will definitely allow you to express your music more easily and fully, and will also allow you to work more efficiently.
· This Fruity Fire Edition is limited in that it can’t record audio tracks from external microphones (although you can use audio samples in your patterns), a few other workflow features, and a smaller set of instrument and effect plug-ins than the higher-end FL Studio Producer ($199) or Signature ($299) editions.
· You do not need software to DJ with the setup you have, but you can decide to use software if you prefer it. There are 3 main brands of DJ software; NI Traktor, Serato, and VDJ. All 3 softwares allow you to control the digital decks with your CDJ-350's. However, Serato requires you have an SL box to "unlock" the audio and receive sound.
· 1. yes, the demo is identical to the full version, except you can't save your projects. It doesn't time-out or have any other technical limitations so you can use a MIDI keyboard with the demo. 2. Basically all MIDI keyboards should work fine in FL Studio as a generic controller.
If you are layering noise, you can add an EQ beforehand to boost or cut the high frequencies in the noise. Adjust your distortion plugin's settings, to taste. Fruity Fast Dist is quick and easy to use if you're a beginner since it only has 5 settings, the most important of which are pre, threshold, and A/B.
FL Studio will not sync to an external MIDI clock. To control FL Studio from other MIDI software use the Rewire Client mode or host FL Studio as a VST plugin inside the host application. FL Studio will however send MIDI Clock sync so you can control the MIDI hardware using FL Studio as the master MIDI device, see the MIDI Output section.